Visa & Immigration
With licensed immigration advisers, relevantly acquired immigration and migration industry experience, and the dedication to provide valuable and accurate advice, you are in safe hands with Heartland Immigration.
Heartland Immigration can effectively assist clients with migration to Christchurch and finding work opportunities. Other services provided by Heartland includes settlement assistance, employer specific solutions, and customised family packages that are tailored to your needs.
Visa & Immigration for Expats in Christchurch
Without a New Zealand spouse, visas are generally based on employment offers, business expertise or substantial investment capital.
Key visa tips you should know as an expat in Christchurch
- To move to Christchurch you will need a work or resident visa. It is recommended that you secure a position in Christchurch before applying for a work visa.
- If you are relocating to Christchurch as part of your current employment, your employer will generally work out the visa for you. Be sure that you understand the restrictions of your visa type yourself, especially if at a later point you change employers.
- You can apply for a Visa yourself but it is recommended that you seek the services of a reputable licenced immigration advisor. They will provide the specialist knowledge and expertise to secure your visa.
Visas for expats establishing a business in Christchurch
- The Investor, Entrepreneur and Global impact is a category of visa designed to attract visionary entrepreneurs, investors and start-up teams with the drive and capabilities to create lasting positive impact for Christchurch and New Zealand.
- This is a 3-year working visa that enables expats to establish and run a business.
- The first stage of the investor visa is the “start-up” stage which enables the visa holder to buy or establish the business in Christchurch.
- The second stage is the “balance” stage, where, once the visa holder proves that they have taken steps to establish the business, they are granted the remaining 24 months of the visa.
- Health and character requirements also apply to entrepreneur work visas.
- This visa type requires the applicant to have NZ$ 36,000.00 in order to support themselves and their family for the first year after the visa is granted.
Download the Visa & Immigration Christchurch Chapter
The Visa & Immigration Christchurch Chapter written by Mary Noonan, Heartland Immigration, provides further detailed information about issues you need to be aware of in regards to Visas in Christchurch.DOWNLOAD NOW