KCG Partners Law Firm
An independent law firm in Budapest, KCG Partners are committed to providing legal assistance to expats, throughout each step of their journey for a successful and stress-free move to Budapest.
KCG Partners are highly specialised in legal matters that directly affect expats thanks to its strong international network and extensive experience.
KCG Partners is here to help you with:
- Legal advice
- Reviewing rental or property contracts
- Advice on attaining a visa
- Advice on employment contracts
Legal for Expats in Budapest
Hungary is an independent, democratic constitutional state governed by the rule of law. The legal system is based on the continental European system being German-French and Roman law. It’s best to familiarise yourself with the basic laws involved employment, and buying a property while in Budapest.
Key legal tips you should know as an expat in Budapest
- When planning to live in Budapest for more than 90 days, you will need to lodge for the Schengen Visa, which is often applied for by a law firm on your behalf.
- Expats seeking to remain in Budapest for a longer period of time will need assistance with residency and a work permit, both of which are handled by a law firm.
- It is advisable that you have your accommodation contract reviewed when either renting or purchasing property to ensure you are protected from financial penalties.
Legal for expats establishing a business in Budapest
- When registering your business, it is advisable that you employ the services of a legal firm to handle the registration on your behalf.
- Unless you have internal legal counsel, it is best to have a legal representative draft corporate documents such as employment contracts.
- It is highly recommended to ask a legal practitioner to review the terms and conditions of employment contracts for your employees.
Download the Legal Budapest Chapter
The Legal Budapest Chapter written by Gabriella Galik, KCG Partners Law Firm, provides further detailed information about issues you need to be aware of in regards to Legal in Budapest.DOWNLOAD NOW
Expatland Global Network Pte Ltd is a separate entity to service providers mentioned on this website. Please read our full disclaimer here.