Relocation & Shipping
Relocation doesn’t have to be a daunting process, Gerson Relocation will help you relocate to the UK with the utmost care and quality.
For over fifty years, Gerson has been providing expats with flexible relocation services tailored to their individual needs.
Gerson Relocation assists expats moving to UK by offering:
- Pre-relocation support services such as coordinating immigration services and cultural and language training.
- Program to track important milestones and deadlines such as shipping timelines and visa expiration.
- Experienced consultants to find the most suitable schools and housing for expats.
Relocation & Shipping for Expats in London
Relocating to a new city may seem stressful, but the right relocation provider will make the move easier and assist with settling into your new home city.
Key Relocation & Shipping tips you should know as an expat in London
- Before you move your personal belongings, pets and private motor vehicles to London, you are required to complete an application for a URN. Once granted, this gives you the authorisation to import without incurring import duties and charges.
- It is important to also note that it’s not possible to clear your shipment through UK Customs without the URN, and therefore if your shipment arrives into the UK without a URN, it is likely that storage, port or airport storage and container demurrage charges will be incurred.
- A reputable relocations provider can assist with your home search. It is important to note that the property market in London is highly competitive and assistance from a professional property agent is advisable.
- If you choose a full-service relocation provider, they will be able to provide assistance with school search and suggest suitable schools for your children depending on your requirements.
Key relocation & shipping tips for expats establishing a business in the London
- Your immigration status plays a key role in your business operations, therefore it is advisable that you are aware of the restrictions of your visa when seeking to establish a business in London.
- Depending on the nature of your business, there could be additional requirements including:
- licenses or permits to sell or use certain goods,
- professional insurances,
- the use of personal data and IT legislation guides.
Relocation & Shipping News
Expatland Global Network Pte Ltd is a separate entity to service providers mentioned on this website. Please read our full disclaimer here.