Loans & Mortgages
Aussie Expat Home Loans
Aussie Expat Home Loans guarantees competitive deals for expats living in Singapore.
Borrowing as an expat doesn’t have to be difficult. Aussie Expat Home Loans guides you through the process of obtaining a mortgage.
Among the services they provide for expats includes assistance with reviewing existing loans and identifying scope for possible restructuring to secure a better deal.
Loans & Mortgages for Expats in Singapore
There are a wide variety of lenders that offer mortgages in Singapore, however, there are certain terms and conditions attached to each.
To seamlessly navigate the complex regulations of acquiring a mortgage and owning a property in Singapore it’s best to consult with a reputable advisor to help you secure the most suitable type of mortgage.
Key loans & mortgages tips you should know as an expat in Singapore
- Singapore has strict rules in the assessment of how much you can borrow and stipulates a 60% maximum of your total gross income can be used for your loan repayments.
- Most banks in Singapore will lend up to 80% of the purchase price of the property and require you to have a 20% deposit and available funds to meet the stamp duty costs.
- Stamp duty of property purchases in Singapore are different for foreigners than citizens and permanent residents. Foreigners are required to pay Additional Buyer’s Stamp Duty (ABSD) of 20% in conjunction with the regular Buyer’s Stamp Duty (BSD).
- Be prepared for additional costs including legal fees for a lawyer to negotiate your purchase contracts and property tax which is calculated as a percentage of the value of the property.
- Most banks offer fixed, variable and market-pegged rates for borrowers.
Loans & mortgages for expats establishing a business in Singapore
- Personal credit scores will impact your qualification for certain SME loans, as it is used to determine the probability of receiving repayments.
- The duration of which your business has been operating in Singapore is also a key criterion in determining if you qualify for a loan. Businesses that have been active for at least 2 years will benefit from a larger range of SME loans.
- The annual revenue of your business is a key factor in determining the loan amount, as banks will not provide a loan with monthly payments that are greater than your monthly cash flow.
Download the Loans & Mortgages Singapore Chapter
The Loans & Mortgages Singapore Chapter written by Tim Raes, Aussie Expat Home Loans, provides further detailed information about issues you need to be aware of in regards to Mortgages in Singapore.DOWNLOAD NOW
Expat Mortgages in Singapore News
Expatland Global Network Pte Ltd is a separate entity to service providers mentioned on this website. Please read our full disclaimer here.