Visa & Immigration
AIMS Immigration & Relocation Specialist
AIMS is one of the most reputable migration providers in Singapore with extensive expertise and knowledge of migration law and how it applies to expats moving to Singapore.
They offer a full suite of migration and relocation services with a commitment to deliver them with transparency and dedication.
Visa & Immigration for Expats in Singapore
With nearly 40% of the Singaporean workforce being made up of non-residents, the government has stepped up measures to manage the influx of foreign workers. As such, expats need to prepare ahead in order to comply with the employment requirements.
Key visa & immigration tips you should know as an expat in Singapore
- Moving to Singapore without first obtaining a work visa can be risky and it is advisable that expats secure employment before making the move.
- There are different visas that need to be applied for depending on whether you are the main expat or an accompanying family member of an expat
- It is important to note that once in Singapore, accompanying family members cannot work without a work permit. This extends to establishing a business – an accompanying family member must seek approval to establish a business whist in Singapore.
- Certain employment passes require expats to notify the Ministry of Manpower of any change in their employer, employment terms or annual fixed salary. Be sure you understand the requirements of your employment pass.
- The average processing time for permanent residency applications varies from four to six months.
Download the Visa & Immigration Singapore Chapter
The Visa & Immigration Singapore Chapter written by Jenn Tang, AIMS Immigration & Relocation Specialist, provides further detailed information about issues you need to be aware of in regards to Visas in Singapore.DOWNLOAD NOW
Expatland Global Network Pte Ltd is a separate entity to service providers mentioned on this website. Please read our full disclaimer here.