Visa & Immigration
Asian Welcome Pte Ltd
With more than 20 years of experience in Singapore, Asian Welcome offers a full suite of migration and relocation services to corporate and individual clients with a commitment to deliver services with transparency and dedication.
If you’re looking for high-value relocation services with a proven track record of customer satisfaction then Asian Welcome is the right choice for you, making your expat experience as easy and effortlessly as possible.
Asian Welcome will assist you by providing:
- Visa & immigration assistance
- Tenancy Management
- School search
- Cross-cultural training
Visa & Immigration for Expats in Singapore
With nearly 40% of the Singaporean workforce being made up of non-residents, the government has stepped up measures to manage the influx of foreign workers. As such, expats need to prepare ahead in order to comply with the employment requirements.
Key visa & immigration tips you should know as an expat in Singapore
- Moving to Singapore without first obtaining a work visa can be risky and it is advisable that expats secure employment before making the move.
- There are different visas that need to be applied for depending on whether you are the main expat or an accompanying family member of an expat
- It is important to note that once in Singapore, accompanying family members cannot work without a work permit. This extends to establishing a business – an accompanying family member must seek approval to establish a business whist in Singapore.
- Certain employment passes require expats to notify the Ministry of Manpower of any change in their employer, employment terms or annual fixed salary. Be sure you understand the requirements of your employment pass.
- The average processing time for permanent residency applications varies from four to six months.
Expatland Global Network Pte Ltd is a separate entity to service providers mentioned on this website. Please read our full disclaimer here.