Propertybuyer is an independent buyers’ agency focused on searching, negotiating and buying property for clients planning to buy or invest in a property.
With the ultimate goal of providing each client with the “right property, at the right price, every time” and more than 30 prestigious awards, Propertybuyer is your best choice when it comes to property in Sydney.
Propertybuyer assists expats moving to Sydney in:
- Searching for a property
- Appraisal and negotiation
- Property management
Property for Expats in Sydney
Many expats consider purchasing a property prior to or after moving to Sydney. The property prices in Sydney are very high as well as the demand for quality accommodation. In order to quickly secure a suitable property for your needs, it’s best to engage in the services of specialised real estate agent saving your time, money and hassle.
Key property tips you should know as an expat in Sydney
- Depending on your residential and visa status, you may need to apply to the Foreign Investment Review Board (FIRB) to get approval to buy a property in Sydney.
- Many properties in Sydney are “off-market”. The owners, for various reasons, such as maintaining privacy, do not advertise the proposed sale of the property, this is why a professional real estate agent will help you to access bigger selection of properties.
- It’s important to know that you’re required to pay stamp duty on top of the price of the property. Stamp duty is a percentage of the property purchase price.
- Many expats decide to engage in services of a buyer’s agent who will take care of the entire buying process, including the inspections and meetings, negotiations and the other finer details, representing your best interests.
- As an expat on a temporary visa in Sydney, you are eligible to purchase a property as long as it is not an investment. The only stipulation is that you’re required to sell the property as soon as you leave the country.
Expatland Global Network Pte Ltd is a separate entity to service providers mentioned on this website. Please read our full disclaimer here.