Lüthi Financial Services AG
Lüthi Financial Services AG is an insurance company based in Switzerland providing personalised general insurance advice for expat clients moving to Zurich.
Whether you’re an individual or organisation looking at securing your employees, LÜTHI will advise you on all matters relating to insurance, providing tailored solutions best addressing your needs throughout your entire journey in Zurich.
Lüthi Financial Services advises expats in:
- General insurance
- Life insurance
- Health insurance
General Insurance for Expats in Zurich
If you are moving to Zurich and do not have a policy in place, it’s advisable to look at available options to protect you and your family. A professional insurance specialist will secure your stay in Zurich by offering the right insurance policies available.
Key general insurance tips you should know as an expat in Zurich
- Some forms of insurance policies are compulsory in Switzerland, such as health insurance and accident insurance. Therefore expats are required to take out the mandatory insurance plans as soon as they move to Zurich.
- There are other insurance policies that are not compulsory in Switzerland; however, they are imperative for cultural reasons; these include contents insurance and third-party liability insurance.
- Insurance brokers are supervised by the financial market regulator and must meet certain standards in order to operate in Switzerland, therefore you can be sure that their advice will be of a high quality
- The advantage of going through an insurance broker is that they have contacts in a range of insurance companies and can get you the best insurance policy suitable for your needs. Alternatively, you can go directly to an insurance company. The premium is generally the same in both cases.
General insurance for expats establishing a business in Zurich
- Some forms of insurance policies are compulsory for all companies operating in Switzerland such as public liability insurance and workers’ compensation insurance.
- Optional insurance policies for your business operating in Zurich include cyber insurance and commercial liability insurance.
- There are industry-specific insurance policies that are required based on the sector that your business is operating in. It is best to seek professional advice to identify which insurance cover is mandatory for your industry.
- A reputable insurance broker will make sure that your company in Switzerland is following all the regulations and will help you find the most suitable and affordable insurance plans to secure your employees and business.
Expatland Global Network Pte Ltd is a separate entity to service providers mentioned on this website. Please read our full disclaimer here.