Make your move stress free and easy with our Expat Move Planner Start Planning

Tax & Accounting

Kreston CAC CPA Limited

Whether you are an expat planning to relocate or a business planning to expand your business in Hong Kong, Kreston CAC provides highly competitive services that will assist you to manage your financial and accounting arrangements efficiently and effectively.

With their 30 years of experience in the local market, dedicated team of professional accountants and strong global network, Kreston CAC has been providing invaluable services to many expats moving in or out of Hong Kong. 

Kreston CAC assists expats in:

  • Accounting and payroll 
  • Audit and assurance
  • Corporate and personal taxation
  • Management consultancy
E-Team Member Contact:
Ka Ling Edmond Chan
  • ENQUIRE WITH [service_provider]

Tax & Accounting for Expats in Hong Kong

Hong Kong’s tax system is one of the most favourable for both expats and businesses. The tax rate is progressive and capped at a rate of 17%, which is significantly lower compared to other expat countries. The tax year starts on April 1st and ends on March 31th the next year.

Key Tax & Accounting tips you should know as an expat in Hong Kong
  • The income tax in Hong Kong is based on incomes earned within its borders.
  • After the start of the tax year, the Inland Revenue Department issues your individual tax return which happens around early May. You are required to file your taxes within one month after that.
  • As an expat moving to Hong Kong for employment purposes, you are entitled to apply for a work visa under the General Employment Policy. The applications are submitted either online or in person.
Tax & Accounting for expats establishing a business in Hong Kong
  • Businesses in Hong Kong are required to file their tax returns and financial statements generally by the time the accounting period concludes each year of assessment.
  • Expats wishing to establish a company in Hong Kong have to apply for Entry for Investment visa. It’s required to have a sponsor (individual or business) based in Hong Kong before applying for the visa.
  • It’s important to understand which legal structure is best suited for your business. A reputable tax advisor will help you determine the right structure for you and assist in setting up your business. Generally, Private Liability companies are very common, while the Limited Liability companies are highly-regarded in Hong Kong.

Expatland Global Network Pte Ltd is a separate entity to service providers mentioned on this website. Please read our full disclosure here.