Visa & Immigration
AIMS Immigration & Relocation Specialist
With 14 offices across Asia Pacific, a wide global network and dedicated services, AIMS offers an entire spectrum of migration and relocation services to individual and corporate expat clients.
Their highly skilled specialists and extensive experience will guarantee you a carefree and perfectly organised move to Hong Kong while professionally guiding you through every step of your expat journey.
AIMS assists expats in:
- Immigration services
- Visa assistance
- Citizenship and passport programs
- Relocation services
Visa & Immigration for Expats in Hong Kong
Hong Kong is famous for being one of the most significant financial centres in the world. Consistently ranking as the world’s most competitive and freest economic areas, it’s no secret why many expats are attracted to this vibrant city.
Key visa & immigration tips you should know as an expat in Hong Kong
- There are a number of options when it comes to work visas for Hong Kong. The most common is the General Employment Policy (GEP) visa for skilled and qualified workers which is provided for a specified time period.
- In order to be eligible to apply for a visa under the GEP scheme, you should already have a confirmed job offer from a company in Hong Kong.
- You also need to satisfy a number of requirements for this visa, the most significant being to prove that there is no local to fill your role.
- The work visa allows you to bring your dependants to Honk Kong, as long as you prove that you can financially support and accommodate them while living in Hong Kong.
- The Quality Migrant Admission Scheme is another popular type of work visa. This visa is best suited for expats of certain professions such as IT, financial, legal, and creative professionals and doesn’t require an existing job offer.
- Additionally, there are other visa schemes depending on your relocation purposes or your country of citizenship. It’s best to seek the help of a professional relocation specialist to find out the most suitable visa option and get support during your documentation and relocation process.
Expatland Global Network Pte Ltd is a separate entity to service providers mentioned on this website. Please read our full disclaimer here.