Pacific Prime Insurance Brokers
If you’re an expat moving to or living in Singapore, Pacific Prime Insurance Brokers should be on your radar.
They offer comprehensive, personalised service for your insurance needs, including medical and general insurance.
With years of experience and expertise under their belts, they have built a reputation as one of the most committed and effective insurance brokers in the region for individuals, businesses, and family groups alike.
General Insurance for Expats in Singapore
When you’re moving countries, one of the most important things to keep in mind is your insurance needs, which are sure to change in your new home.
Key general insurance tips you should know as an expat in Singapore
- It is important to understand how healthcare works in your new country. Singapore, for example, has three different types, including local health insurance plans, international insurance plans from local providers, and international insurance plans from non-Singapore insurers.
- Some of the key differences between them are:
- Local insurance always has a co-payment option, meaning that you will have to pay a percentage of every dollar you claim.
- Making a claim on a local plan usually requires you to be hospitalised.
- Local insurers expect you to pay your medical bills first and then make an insurance claim, whereas international insurers will usually pay the healthcare provider directly.
- Local insurance will usually require lower premiums.
- Most insurers in Singapore offer a wide range of services and products that cover the risks of everyday life, employment, and property.
- Policies can be obtained either individually, for a family, or in a group in the case of a company, association, or sports club.
- As there are so many minute details to insurance plans, it is best to contact an insurance provider in Singapore so that they can give you a run down on insurance in Singapore.