Relocation & Shipping
High Relocation Worldwide, Inc.
High Relocation Worldwide, Inc. offers destination, moving and administrative services to individual and corporate expat clients relocating to or leaving Seoul.
Putting customer satisfaction as a top priority, High Relocation Worldwide, Inc. will provide invaluable solutions catering to your specific needs.
Their worldwide network, exceptional customer care and experienced staff will make your relocation a smooth and care-free experience while relocating “a sense of home” along.
High Relocation Worldwide, Inc. assists expats moving to Seoul in:
- Inbound & outbound removals
- Automobile transport
- Logistics management
Relocation & Shipping for Expats in Seoul
Relocating to a new city most often comes with inevitable stress. However, the right relocation partner will ease your mind by handling your belongings with the utmost care, providing committed service and professionally supporting you throughout the entire process.
Key relocation & shipping tips you should know as an expat in Seoul
- You are exempt from duty taxes as long as your belongings arrive in Seoul within six months of your entry, all the items are used and are intended for personal use only.
- To move your belongings to Seoul you have air or sea options; you could either send via plane or cargo ship.
- Shipping via plane will be costly, but also faster. It’s possible to even get your items within a day or two. On the other hand, the cargo ship is cheaper, but it may take several months for your items to arrive.
- If you’re picking up your shipped items yourself, as soon as the cargo arrives and the items are ready for retrieval you’ll receive a notification for pickup.
- When you are packing, it’s best to create a list of items and keep a record of every box. While this is not required for claiming your goods, it will definitely help in case of encountering any hiccups.
- Make yourself familiar with the list of restricted and prohibited items in South Korea, keep in mind that your items will thoroughly be inspected.
- It is possible to import your own automobile when moving to Seoul, however, certain restrictions apply. You are required to prove that you intend to stay for at least a year in South Korea and also make sure it arrives within six months of your arrival to be considered part of your household items.
- While relocations to Seoul may seem simpler than other expat destinations, the regulations related to customs allowances are always subject to change. It’s best to consult with a professional specialist to ensure you’re following all the rules while still being able to bring everything you want to into the country.
Expatland Global Network Pte Ltd is a separate entity to service providers mentioned on this website. Please read our full disclaimer here.