IMFG - Identity McIntyre Financial Group
IMFG provide their clients with specialist financial advice to grow and protect their wealth.
Amongst these services are a range of life insurance policies to protect their clients and their families should unexpected events occur.
Life Insurance for Expats in Sydney
If you are moving to Sydney and do not have a policy in place, it is advisable that you look at your options to protect your family. If you do have an existing policy, you need to know whether it covers you while in you are living in Sydney.
Key life insurance tips you should know as an expat in Sydney
- There are a range of policies available, but the 3 main types are life insurance, total and permanent disability insurance and income protection.
- Life insurance provides a lump sum payment to your family upon your death. Some policies allow for the payment to be made in the event that you are diagnosed with a terminal illness.
- Total and permanent disability cover pays a benefit should a you become totally and permanently disabled and unable to work again.
- Income protection insurance provides protection by paying a percentage of your income if you are unable to work due to illness or injury.
- Visa restrictions apply to certain insurance categories. For example, an expat holding a 457 working visa can only qualify for life insurance if their visa is for a minimum term of two years.
- With a multitude of cover options, combined with visa restrictions, it is advisable that expats obtain professional advice prior to entering into any personal insurance policy.
Download the Life Insurance Sydney Chapter
The Life Insurance Sydney Chapter written by Dan Blatch, IMFG, provides further detailed information about issues you need to be aware of in regards to Life Insurance in London.DOWNLOAD NOW