Schweizer Relocation is one of the leading providers of international relocation services in Switzerland. The company was incorporated in 2001 by Astrid Ohlendorf and is based in Zurich-Oerlikon.
Astrid and her team are committed to delivering the highest service quality; they communicate promptly, directly, and clearly and offer a sophisticated set of service packages.
Their exclusive digital relocation platform, ReX (Relocation Exchange), sets new standards in terms of the collaboration between clients and consultants. It makes relocating to Switzerland more efficient than ever before.
Schweizer Relocation assists expats in:
- Relocation support tailored to your needs
- Digital platform ReX for an easier and speedier relocation
- Sensitive and attentive support to help you adapt to your new surroundings
Relocation for Expats in Zurich
With its high quality of life and a thriving economy, Zurich is a great destination for expats. It may not be Switzerland’s capital city but Zurich is the country’s strongest region economically speaking.
Key Relocation tips you should know as an expat in Zurich
- The average space for a home in Zurich is around 90 to 100 sqm. If you’re looking for a bigger space, then expect them to cost more.
- Apartments with small patios and shared gardens are more common in the city while houses with gardens are usually located outside the city.
- It is advisable that you get a space within the city proper or somewhere nearby so you wouldn’t be isolated from the expat community in Zurich.
Relocation for expats establishing a business in Zurich
- Keep in mind that the nearer you are to the city centre, the higher the cost is going to be when finding an office space in Zurich.
- If you are going to rent an office space, you wouldn’t have to worry about paying for value-added tax as rental of business spaces is exempted from it.
- Take note of the other extra service costs when renting an office space. In some establishments that don’t offer an all-in price for rental fees, you’d have to include the costs for electricity, water, heating, and sometimes the WiFi network in your budgeting as well.
Expatland Global Network Pte Ltd is a separate entity to service providers mentioned on this website. Please read our full disclaimer here.